Effective Date: October 4th, 2018
Through the Platform, Runerra provides an online marketplace in which Platform users can arrange peer- to-peer shopping and delivery transactions (each, a “Run Transaction”). To facilitate Run Transactions, the Platform permits (a) an independent shopper and delivery service provider (each a “Runner”) to post the Runner’s availability to provide shopping services at designated merchant sites and to provide related delivery services (each a “Marketplace Offering”) to Platform users desiring to buy such services (each a “Customer”) and (b) a Customer to accept a Provider’s Marketplace Offering.
This Platform is designed to offer goods and services to residents of the U.S. and we do not knowingly collect information from any European Union data subject. If you are a European Union data subject, please do not submit your information to or use the Platform.
What Information is Collected?
Information Collected Automatically
We use tracking technologies such as cookies, log files, and pixel tags to automatically collect information when users visit our Platform. Information we collect includes but may not be limited to:
• IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience;
• Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Platform;
• Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services; 1
• Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Platform;
• Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites;
• Location information, including from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using the App, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings;
• We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, contacts, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage, sensors, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings;
• Device information such as your mobile device ID number, model, and manufacturer, version of your operating Platform, phone number, country, location, and any other data you choose to provide;
• Certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App; and
• We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the App. If you wish to opt‐out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in
your device’s settings.
For more information, see the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
Information Collected Directly from You
We may collect personal information about you in connection with your use of our Platform. For example, this information may be voluntarily provided when you sign up for a mailing list, register an account, fill out a “Contact Us” form, submit information in connection with a purchase or as part of other online services, or post comments or reviews. The information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
• Name and date of birth;
• Email address, phone number, mailing address, and other contact information;
• Financial information necessary to process a purchase or other request. We store only very
• Business affiliations;
• Information you submit when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys;
• Uploaded user images;
• Uploaded contacts and images;
• Other information related to your requests or inquiries.
Collecting Information from Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site and Platform are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 13.
How Is the Information We Collect Used?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products, and also to collect information that is necessary for the Platform to work properly. We use personal information for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
•Providing services and support
Performing the essential functions of the Platform including creation and management of your account, enabling user-to-user communications, responding to inquiries, enabling Merchants and Runners to fulfill orders and requests, providing support and troubleshooting, and communicating with users about their use of the Platform or regarding a user-initiated inquiry on the Platform.
• Communicating with users about products or services
Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new services we are offering; using content from social media platforms where users discuss our services or use a hashtag related to our services; and notifying you when updates are available.
• Personalizing user experiences on our Platform
Tailoring content on the Platform based on user location, preferences, and other personalization factors.
• Analytics and Platform improvement
Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the Platform to allow us to provide better service; using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the Platform and develop additional products and services to offer.
• Compliance with legal obligations
Sharing information to comply with the law or a legal proceeding, such as in response to a subpoena or court order.
Disclosure of Information
In order to facilitate the service, Runerra shares your first name, phone number, and pickup and delivery location with Runners to enable delivery. Runners are not permitted to use Customers’ information for any other purposes.
We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes including but not limited to:
• Initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf,
• Data tracking,
• Payment processing,
• Maintenance or development of our Platform,
• Development of online products, services, or customer service, or new product development,
• Other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users.
We may also share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Runerra, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which Runerra transfers or sells the Platform or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small data files that help us keep track of your usage of the Platform. Many of the cookies we use enable the Platform to function as you would expect it to. Cookies enable the Platform to remember things like your login information so you do not have to re-enter it, items in your shopping cart when you navigate away from the page, user preferences, and other personalized settings. Cookies also enable us to track and analyze user behavior in order to improve our Platform.Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose to accept or decline certain types of cookies if you prefer. However, declining cookies may impact the functionality of the Platform and in some cases you may not be able to access the functions of the Platform. We use the following categories of cookies on the Platform:
• Session cookies
Session cookies are stored on the user’s hard drive temporarily and are deleted when the user ends the browsing session. Session cookies are useful for things like keeping item in a shopping cart while the user continues to browse.
Persistent cookies stay on the user’s hard drive until they expire, even after the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are useful for remembering things like login information, so users do not have to enter their password every time they visit the Platform.
• Third-party cookies
Third party cookies are not installed directly by our Platform, but by third parties such as advertisers. Third party cookies are used to track advertising preferences from site to site, and to gather data about users’ browsing habits in order to improve the user experience.
Clear GIFs (also called pixel tags or web beacons) are small files embedded in websites that tell us what content a user accesses and how users navigate the Platform. Clear GIFs enable us to track and analyse user behaviour on the Platform in order to make it more intuitive and user friendly.
Third Party Websites and Links
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Runerra product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with Runerra products or services. We may also use Google AdWords, Google Tag Manager, and Facebook Connect. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our Platform. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the Platform; and
You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section.
Your California Privacy Rights
Access and Correction Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track Signals
Runerra does not currently respond to Do Not Track browser signals.